Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Type: Contract (4-6 months)
Shift: Nights or Weekend Days Salary: £40 - £45 /hr
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for a precision engineering company based in Leicester. If successful, as a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for developing robust manufacturing processes for a range of precision components.
The role will involve:
* Successfully managing NPI projects to deliver components on time and within budget.
* Improving existing manufacturing processes to achieve measured productivity improvements.
* Working directly with suppliers to ensure the latest innovations in fixtures & tooling are employed.
* Producing accurate Stage drawings for manufacturing operations.
* Producing detailed documentation, set up packs, SOP's etc.
* Liaising directly with customer technical departments to resolve process related issues.
* Utilising solid models using Catia V5, Solidworks and Vericut to produce and validate CNC programmes.
* Producing 'Critical Part Plans' in line with customer requirements.
* Preparation of cost estimates to support the acquisition of new business to include specifying process routes, standard hour content, material, and sub-contract requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Strong Manufacturing Engineering background - 5 years minimum
* Vast CNC machining experience therefore fully conversant with modern manufacturing techniques
* Able to generate and prove out CNC programs for a range of machining centres, including 4 & 5 axis machining centres
* Working knowledge and experience of CAD-CAM software ( SolidWorks, SolidCAM and Catia v5 is preferable but other software will be considered)
* Able to produce and validate CNC programmes
* Exposure to multi-axis machines
* Experience working closely with / machining precision metallic components
* Ability to manage NPI projects
* Working knowledge of PFMEA
* Ability to perform reverse engineering of existing programs
* Confidence in carrying out Continuous Improvement activities
* Experience of using ERP systems and Microsoft packages
Our client is an engineering company that specialises in the Automotive and Aerospace industries.