Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Type: Contract (4-6 Months)
Shift: Weekend days (35 hrs)
Salary: Weekend days £40 -£45/hr
We are looking for a Quality Engineer for a precision engineering company based in Leicester.
The role will involve:
* Developing effective and affordable inspection methods that use appropriate measuring tools for products throughout their lifecycle.
* Creating and managing customer concessions to contain issues and minimize negative impact.
* Producing and maintaining quality documents such as Control Plans Inspection Plans, and SPC charts, ensuring their accuracy and completeness.
* Taking ownership of the relevant milestones in the NPDI gated process, fulfilling QE duties such as completing First Article Inspection Reports, gaining customer approvals, and providing quality information to other functions.
* Foster continuous improvement through active participation in LEAN events and generating improvement ideas to boost EHS, Quality, Cost, and Delivery performance.
* Use problem-solving methodologies to identify and resolve issues at the root cause to enhance operational performance and process capability.
* Participate in internal and external audits, learn from the outcomes, and take necessary measures to address gaps.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Previous experience in a Manufacturing environment within machining
* Experience of working in a Quality Engineering role within the precision engineering markets - Aerospace, Motorsport/Automotive, Nuclear, MOD/Defence, Petrochemical etc.
* Experience of applying structured problem-solving techniques and the use of Quality related software such as Visual FAIR/PPAP.
* An understanding of LEAN manufacturing philosophy
* Ideally, an understanding of A9100, AS9102 and related Quality Systems
* Experience of preparing First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs).
* An understanding of APQP, PPAP and PFMEA
* An understanding of Measurement Systems Analysis (AS13003)
Our client is an engineering company that specialises in the Automotive and Aerospace industries.