Job Title: Project Engineer - EV Automotive
Salary: £40,000 -£50,000 /annum
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The role requires a candidate who is ambitious and motivated, who is keen to contribute to a
dynamic, fast-paced project environment. The successful candidate will possess a strong working
knowledge of Project Engineering (industry specific) and be able to successfully manage all aspects
of a given project from inception to completion, possess an energetic personality as well as
integrating into our company culture.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Be responsible as main point of contact for the entire project life cycle from concept
through to installation support
* Be the lead engineer in the development of our EV (liquid cooled) product, working closely
with the R&D department to specify, plan and oversee product testing.
* Take the lead role in the collating and submission of PPAP documentation and support the
quality department in the APQP application.
* Work with suppliers, alongside other departments, to obtain relevant PSW documentation.
* Be responsible for technical aspects and liaise with contractual/commercial colleagues on
your project(s) and ensuring compliance with client issued contracts, deliverables and
* Scheduling and day to day project management of the project(s) under your control
* Ensure compliance with industry and company standards, including project specific technical
* Leading design engineering including hands on use of 3D CAD to produce designs and
* Production of technical test procedures and resulting reports together with technical
documentation in accordance with company and project requirements
* Support and work closely with our manufacturing team to ensure efficient and cost-effective
production of the product
* Actively promote a strong SHEQ and continuous improvement culture.
* Experience of product approval processes within the automotive industry, including the use
* Critically evaluates technical and contractual information
* Sound working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD package
* Working knowledge of mechanical engineering practices - materials, FEA, fixings, fabrication